Villa Viamonte: a rare find in Mendoza
Built as a city home by Mendocino aristocrats in the 1950’s, the walled estate covers nearly 7,000 square metres (~ 1.65 acres). Renovated and refurbished in 2007 under the consultation of esteemed Argentinian architect, Jorge Bobillo, this villa rental combines all the modern conveniences you need, with details and finishing touches that make you feel you have stepped back in time.
The principal house (or Villa), is made of adobe and has been retro-fitted with modern wiring and plumbing as well as central heating and air conditioning for your comfort. Perfect as your home-base while travelling in the province of Mendoza, the villa offers elegant, traditionally furnished accommodations, stunning treed gardens, an extra, large swimming pool, three patios, and two barbecues.
This is a unique vacation rental opportunity; like the villas of southern France, we offer the entire property. Villa Viamonte is not a hotel and we do not rent individual room nights.
Suitable for small groups of 4 to 12 people – friends or family – everyone will appreciate the luxury of a holiday in your own private estate. The villa boasts five bedrooms – 2 with ensuite bathrooms – an open concept dining and sitting area, a breakfast nook, very large kitchen and pantry, as well as three beautiful patios to relax on. Two additional bedrooms, each with its own bathroom are also available in season.
Next step? Please see a list of the villa’s amenities below.
The Villa's Rooms
Villa Viamonte highlights
- The estate offers five bedrooms, enough to sleep 10 comfortably: 3 with king beds, 1 double, and 1 with 2-twins. The master bedroom has a full ensuite bathroom with an attached dressing room (this could also function as a bedroom for small children), the second king-room has a 3-piece ensuite bathroom and the remaining rooms share a 4-piece bathroom.
- Whether you’re unplugging or need to stay in touch, the villa has excellent cell phone service and high-speed internet.
- All rooms in the villa feature heating, and air-conditioning.
- The spacious, comfortable living room has a high, traditional polished wood ceiling.
- A heavy, classic, marble-topped dining room table, made to seat up to twelve people, is surrounded by windows overlooking the estate and the northwest galleria.
- A quaint, separate breakfast room, an office/library, a pantry (with a full-wall, pupitre-style wine rack), and a fully equipped kitchen round out the list of principle rooms in the villa.
- Just off the kitchen, In the central courtyard – which is entirely surrounded by the house – there is a tiled cooking area with a built-in churrasquera barbeque, and a large, traditional, wood-fired brick oven.
- Off the central courtyard, you’ll find the laundry room, a utility room and a servicio washroom.
Amenities & Services at a Glance
All the conveniences of home, and then some:
- Wi-Fi, hi-speed internet service
- Cell phone reception
- Routine housekeeping
- Office / reading room
- 5 bedrooms in Villa
- 2 en suite bathrooms in villa
- One complete standard & one service bathroom
- 2 bedrooms with bathrooms in the Quincho
- Air conditioning
- Central heating
- Gas-fired range
- Microwave oven
- Equipped laundry room
- Large, flat screen TV “smart TV”
- Bar and reception area
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Beautiful, large, kept gardens
- Pavilion and grill with wood burning oven
- House fully equipped with all comforts and services
Upon your arrival, the following is provided:
- Gift basket containing a few items to enjoy while recovering from your travels.
- Towels and bedding
- House cleaning 2 x during a one week stay
- Pots, pans, dishes, appliances etc. for self catering meals
- Pool – cleaned and ready for use in season
- House Manual – explains use of household features and emergency information
Additional Services – separate fees apply
- Asado (BBQ) evening meal. Request 2-3 days prior.
- Daily maid service. Please specify preferred time each day.
- Grocery shopping. Charges include groceries and a service fee.